Discover quick, on-the-go healthy protein snacks and dive into no-bake, low-carb, gluten-free delights that are homemade vegan snacks & simply scrumptious.
PIN ME for later
Low-Calorie Protein Snacks Ideas
*DISCLAIMER: Some links on KitchenWhisperers.com are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase we may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Stepping into the vibrant realm of no-bake vegan protein snacks is akin to unlocking a treasure chest of scrumptious delights. Who knew that quick, gluten-free, sugar-free protein drinks and bites could be this delectable? Sweet or savory, whatever tickles your fancy, there’s a protein-packed treat waiting to be discovered.
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, convenience is king. And with these no-bake sensations, you’re not just getting ease; you’re also diving into a nutritional goldmine. Perfect for both the young ones and the young-at-heart, these snacks are versatile superstars.
Whether you’re scrambling for a pre-meeting nibble, a school lunchbox filler, or a midnight munch, they’ve got you covered.
Why are these bite-sized wonders gaining momentum? They marry health with flavor, ensuring every bite is a guilt-free pleasure. And they aren’t just for the health-conscious; they’re a hit at family gatherings and office potlucks too. Who says nutritious can’t be the life of the party?
The true beauty? Their adaptability. Just mix and match ingredients to suit your palate, and voila, you’ve got yourself a homemade masterpiece. So, as you embark on this no-bake vegan journey, remember: they’re not just easy protein snacks; they’re tiny parcels of joy, ready to energize your day.
Our favorite ingredients for plant-based protein snacks:
Stevia In The Raw Bakers Bag (Plant Based, Zero Calorie Sweetener, Sugar-free Sugar, Suitable For Diabetics) – Buy It Here
Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup (Vegan, Keto Diet Friendly) – Buy It Here
Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter (Vegan, Gluten-Free) – Buy It Here
Can you put CBD in protein snacks?
Yes, you can add CBD oil to protein balls. CBD oil can be a great addition to protein balls as it can add some unique flavor and potential health benefits.
You can infuse it into any food as long as it bakes at 350°F (177°C) or less since heat can lower its effectiveness.
Our favorite one is Diamond CBD because it’s a high-quality product with many benefits and they also have fast delivery and great customer service.
Can You add collagen powder to protein snacks?
Yes, you can definitely add collagen powder to protein balls. Collagen is a type of protein that is good for your skin, joints, and bones, and can also help to improve muscle mass and recovery.
When adding collagen powder to your protein balls, you can simply mix it into the other ingredients. Start with a small amount, such as a tablespoon or two, and adjust to your desired taste and consistency. You can also experiment with different flavors of collagen powder to add some variety to your protein balls.
Also only use good quality collagen powders without any sugar added.
Our favorite is Sunwarrior’s Vegan Collagen Building Powder with hyaluronic, biotin, and vitamin C.
Stuffed Dates Protein Snacks With Shredded Pistachio
Enjoy this protein-packed, naturally sweet treat that’s not only delicious but also a visual delight with the vibrant green of the pistachios contrasting the rich brown of the dates.
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any other nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder (vanilla or unflavored works best)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely shredded pistachios
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Prep Dates: Gently make a slit along one side of each date to create an opening. Make sure not to cut all the way through. Carefully remove the pits from the dates and set them aside.
- Protein Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, vegan protein powder, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and sea salt (if using). Mix until well combined. If the mixture seems too dry, you can add a tiny bit of water or unsweetened almond milk to reach your desired consistency. It should be thick enough to stuff into the dates but not too dry.
- Stuff the Dates: Using a spoon or a small spatula, carefully stuff each date with the protein-filling mixture. Don’t overfill, just enough so you can still close the date slightly.
- Pistachio Topping: Gently press the top of the stuffed date into the shredded pistachios, making sure they stick to the protein filling.
- Serve & Store: Place the dates on a serving plate with the pistachio side facing up. They can be eaten immediately. If you’re not consuming them right away, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should be good for up to a week.
Protein Chocolate Energy Balls
Who says protein-packed treats can’t be scrumptiously sinful? These Chocolate Protein Energy Balls are the food equivalent of a superhero – irresistibly delicious on the outside and power-packed on the inside.
Rolled oats? Check. Muscle-loving protein? You bet! And those dark chocolate chips? They’re the universe’s way of saying “you can have fun and be healthy!” Kids will rave about the crunch, adults will praise the protein, and everyone will swoon over the sweetness.
No-bake, no fuss, and absolutely delightful in every bite. You can naturally make these quick protein snacks in many different flavors in minutes so if you want to try more flavors check out our easy and healthy protein balls recipes.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (crunchy)
- 1/4 cup of sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of shredded peanuts (if you want to make it extra crunchy)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Roll the mixture into balls and store in the fridge for an hour to set.
Avocado-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Protein Snacks
These little bites offer a savory burst of creamy avocado goodness packed with protein, making them perfect for guilt-free snacking or as a lively addition to any appetizer spread. The vibrant colors and rich flavors ensure they’re a hit with both kids and adults.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder (unflavored or lightly flavored like pea protein)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil (or parsley)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or hemp seeds (for an extra protein punch)
- Optional: 1 tsp nutritional yeast (for a cheesy flavor)
- Prep the Tomatoes: Gently slice off the tops of the cherry tomatoes and carefully scoop out the insides using a small spoon or melon baller, creating a small cavity. Set aside.
- Make the Filling: In a bowl, mash the avocados until relatively smooth. Add in the vegan protein powder, lemon juice, chopped basil, minced garlic, chia or hemp seeds, and nutritional yeast (if using). Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the Tomatoes: Using a spoon or a piping bag (for a neater finish), fill each cherry tomato with the avocado-protein mixture.
- Serve & Enjoy: Place the filled tomatoes on a serving dish with the stuffed side facing up. Garnish with some more chopped herbs if desired. Best served fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Tahini Lemon Dip With Veggies Protein Snack
This dip combines the nutty richness of tahini with the tang of fresh lemon, creating a harmonious flavor that complements the crunch of fresh vegetables.
With the added protein boost, this snack not only satisfies the tastebuds but also fuels the body. It’s perfect for afternoon snacking, gatherings, or even post-workout nourishment.
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder (unflavored, such as pea protein)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water (or more, depending on desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or hemp seeds (for added protein and texture)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Assorted fresh veggies for dipping (like cucumber slices, bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, and carrot sticks)
- Blend Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice, vegan protein powder, minced garlic, olive oil, and chia or hemp seeds. Mix well.
- Adjust Consistency: Slowly add water to the mixture until you reach your desired consistency. It should be smooth and dip-able but not overly watery.
- Season: Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the lemon or garlic if needed, based on your preference.
- Serve & Enjoy: Pour the dip into a serving bowl and surround it with the fresh veggies. Garnish with a sprinkle of chia or hemp seeds on top for added visual appeal.
Easy & Healthy Strawberry Protein Overnight Oats Recipe
Strawberries offer a natural sweetness, while the protein powder and chia seeds pack a protein punch. This combo ensures sustained energy throughout the morning. Plus, with no added sugars and being gluten-free, it’s a guilt-free indulgence both kids and adults will love.
You should also try out other delicious and healthy protein overnight oats recipes because this treat is filling, energizing, super easy to make, and a big hit with kids and adults.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (ensure they are certified gluten-free if you’re celiac or highly sensitive)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred plant-based milk)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (for added protein and thickness)
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (preferably unflavored or vanilla)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped (reserve a few for topping)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (for natural sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (ensure it’s pure and not artificially flavored)
- A pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: Fresh berries, shredded coconut, almond slices, or a drizzle of almond butter
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, protein powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Stir in the mashed banana, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Mix well.
- Strawberries Galore: Fold in the chopped strawberries, ensuring they’re evenly distributed.
- Set and Chill: Pour the mixture into jars or containers with lids, leaving a little space for toppings. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve: In the morning, stir the oats. If too thick, add a splash of almond milk. Top with reserved strawberries, your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
Vegan Nut Cheese on Cucumber Rounds
These delightful cucumber rounds topped with nut cheese offer a refreshing crunch, combined with the creamy richness of the vegan cheese and a good protein boost.
Perfect for a summer day, a sophisticated event, or just a nourishing snack on the go! The fresh herbs and tangy undertones ensure a burst of flavor in every bite.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours, then drained)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (for a cheesy flavor)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder (unflavored, such as pea protein)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water (or as needed)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (like dill, basil, or chives – your choice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 large cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- Prepare the Nut Cheese: In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the soaked and drained cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, vegan protein powder, and minced garlic. Begin blending, and gradually add water as needed until the mixture is smooth and resembles a thick cheese spread consistency.
- Season and Add Herbs: Add salt and pepper to taste, and blend again briefly to mix. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the chopped fresh herbs.
- Assemble: Lay out the cucumber rounds on a serving tray. Place a dollop of the nut cheese mixture onto each round. For an added touch, garnish with a tiny sprig of your chosen herb.
- Serve & Enjoy: These are best enjoyed fresh but can be refrigerated for a few hours before serving if needed.
Coffee Protein Shake Snack
If you thought coffee was just for your mug, get ready for a game-changer: the vegan coffee high-protein shake. Thanks to this delicious and healthy protein shake your favorite morning brew joins forces with powerhouse ingredients like almond butter, chia, and flax seeds.
It’s one of the yummiest protein shakes that’s a perfect snack in the morning because it’ll energize you while keeping calories low.
It’s protein, fiber, and healthy fats all in one. The almond butter is like your go-to dance partner, always there to provide a healthy dose of protein. Chia and flax seeds are the life of the party, adding fiber and making your belly happy.
It’s also a great choice for those who love healthy coffee smoothies and want to try something that’s also higher in protein.
Vegan High-Protein Coffee Shake Ingredients:
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1 ripe banana (preferably frozen for a creamier texture)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- A few ice cubes (optional, for a cooler shake)
- In a blender, add almond milk, the ripe banana, almond butter, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Add your cooled espresso or strong-brewed coffee to the blender.
- Blend until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and the shake becomes smooth. If it’s too thick, add a bit more almond milk.
- Taste and adjust as needed. If you prefer a sweeter shake, you may consider adding more bananas.
- If you want your shake cold, add ice cubes and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the shake into a glass, garnish with a sprinkle of chia seeds if desired, and serve immediately.
These Coco-Protein Bars offer a tropical hint of coconut combined with a satisfying protein punch. They’re a fantastic on-the-go snack, post-workout treat, or even a quick breakfast option.
The blend of textures, from the chewy coconut to the crunchy seeds or optional cacao nibs, ensures every bite is a delightful experience. Enjoy the taste of a tropical getaway while nourishing your body. So, if you’re craving a sweet but healthy snack then check out some of our favorite homemade protein bar recipes.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup vegan protein powder (vanilla or chocolate works great, ensure it’s gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or coconut flour for a more coconutty flavor)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or flax seeds (for added protein and omega-3s)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup cacao nibs or unsweetened dark chocolate chunks for added texture and chocolatey goodness
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, protein powder, almond or coconut flour, and chia or flax seeds.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, almond butter, sugar-free maple syrup (or other sweetener), and vanilla extract.
- Merge the Mixtures: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well until everything is fully combined. If you’re adding cacao nibs or chocolate chunks, fold them in now.
- Press and Set: Transfer the mixture to a lined square or rectangular dish, pressing it down firmly to create an even layer. You want the mixture to be compact.
- Chill: Place the dish in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, or until the mixture is set and firm.
- Cut and Serve: Once set, remove from the refrigerator and cut into bars or squares. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
PIN ME for later
Thank you for reading!